Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thurs 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Exercise prescription is the referral of patients to exercise. A detailed exercise program designed specifically for you can improve your fitness quickly while keeping you safe and injury-free.
An exercise prescription generally includes the following specific recommendations:
• Type of exercise or activity (ie, walking, swimming, cycling)
• Specific workloads (ie, watts, walking speed)
• Duration and frequency of the activity or exercise session
• Intensity guidelines – Target heart rate (THR) range and estimated rate of perceived exertion (RPE)
• Precautions regarding certain orthopedic (or other) concerns or related comments
The heart of the prescription is a detailed plan that takes into consideration your current health status and your goals. To understand how an exercise program is designed, you need to first understand the principles of sports conditioning. It’s also helpful to make the program safe, enjoyable and effective.